The Girl Who Smiled Beads, Clemantine Wamariya



The Girl Who Smiled Beads: A Story of War and What Comes AfterThe Girl Who Smiled Beads: A Story of War and What Comes After by Clemantine Wamariya

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I was given the opportunity to read an advanced copy of this book by Penguin's First to Read program, and I must say I am grateful. I remember seeing small clips of the war in Rwanda here and there on the news in 1994, and thinking, "Why isn't anyone helping? Why aren't we helping???" All these years later, I still don't understand why the world just sat back and did nothing. I can't imagine what Clemantine and Claire went through to survive- even after reading their story, but I am thankful they are here to tell it. I have hope that one day we will live in a world where we will never have to ask why again, where people will have learned from stories like Clemantine's and Claire's, and Elie's and just make all the hate stop.



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Most Anticipated Books of 2015... According to me.

The Doll-Master, Joyce Carol Oates

Review for The Suffering, by Rin Chupeco