Every Note Played, Lisa Genova


Every Note PlayedEvery Note Played by Lisa Genova

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


My thanks to Netgalley, Scout Publishing, and Lisa Genova for allowing me to read an advanced copy of this book. I thought I had an idea of what having ALS meant, I mean, who hasn't heard of Stephen Hawking? Reading this book has shown me I knew nothing about this horrible disease and what it means to live with it. The medical descriptions of the attacks on the body, and the quickness with which it robs its victims of their quality of life, are just devastating. This is another heart-wrenching, well written novel by an author who has definitely opened my eyes and heart and given me a little more understanding of the struggles, hopes, and realities of the families dealing with diseases like this. I just can't find the words to express the feelings I got while reading this.

*I wrote this review before Mr. Hawking's passing, and would like to express my condolences to his family, friends, and colleagues. His life with ALS has made an even greater impression on me since reading this book. The universe has suffered a great loss with his passing.



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Most Anticipated Books of 2015... According to me.

The Doll-Master, Joyce Carol Oates

Review for The Suffering, by Rin Chupeco